Monday, February 21, 2011

A Picture

This picture is the example of: celebration, courage, trust, selflessness, and memories to last!

Paul wanted Desiree to have her moment, but she pulled him into the moment to share.  They had shared many miles together.  Paul told her to dig in, do this because so many were cheering for her, do this for her mom, and do this for her.  It was not her goal for the day, but the win was still hers.  Paul backed off from the group he was pacing (2:46) as he knew they were in good hands with Scott, and stuck himself to Des.  He blocked the wind, cheered her on, and kept her strong. 

Our friend, JP, sent this pic to my phone and said, "your boy is a stud."  Dang right he is! 

mer


4 comments:

erin said...

Wow. That picture almost brings a tear to my eye!! Amazing! :)

Olga said...

I was wondering why he was behind the main group - a worthy cause!

crowther said...

Yes, great pic! It reminds me a bit of the one my uncle took of me and Paul finishing Rocky Raccoon last year....

meredith said...

Olga - Totally!!

Greg - You looked much more cheerful at the end of Rocky vs. that pic :)