Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Legacy

I am so lucky that I get to have the "insider" view to the US Diving Team, or at least Laura Wilkinson. My best friend is the dietitian for the team, so she sends me her updates. I thought I would share the latest:

For those of you who have not yet seen or heard, I am now a 3 timeOlympian! In the finals of Olympic Trials I started off with a great firstround, but then my trouble dive gave me some trouble in the second round. But I was focusing on God and staying in the moment and was able to letthat miss go and hit my next dive for straight 10's! One of the judgesinformed me that may be only the third time in the history of our OlympicTrials for a diver to receive 10's from all seven judges. This wasdefinitely a first for me! My fourth and fifth rounds were solid and Iwon my third Olympic Trials earning myself an automatic spot on the 2008Olympic Team. If you want to check out NBC's coverage of my Olympic Trials finals, goto: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.html?assetid=dd11df9d-9e2c-4cd7-b11f-009c9edbed12&channelcode=sportdv

I find it so interesting to see where someone so amazing can get their inspiration to move forward when things don't seem to be going well. I find her focus to be an awesome example!

If you needed some inspiration this week, I encourage you to take almost 4 minutes of your day and watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU9sefHYFrc (It happens to be to one of my favorite songs!)

Hopefully so much more to come in the next few weeks; woohoo The Olympics are coming!
mer

No comments: