Friday, September 3, 2010

What I did on my Summer Vaca








The past two months have FLOWN by! Instead of blabbing on and on, I thought I would give a photographic breakdown of what I have done, where I have been, and the fun I have had.

Over the past two months: I have celebrated (still speechless on the incredible cake Paul had made); travelled (Houston, Long Island, Colorado, California); paced Leadville 100); climbed mountains (Mt. Elbert); run up and down mountains (Transrockies with Paul); enjoyed my favorite trails (Headlands); spent incredible time with friends (at Leadville, Transrockies, and California); made new friends; been in both oceans; and the ultimate was the quantity of time I got to spend with Paul! He and I shared time running, walking, wine-tasting, talking, and playing. We spent hours walking the beach, sitting together, and celebrating just how much we truly enjoy being together.














































I can honestly say that this summer was one of the best ever. Paul and I had more fun together than we have ever before. We got to enjoy the fullness of what life has to offer, and lived EVERY moment of it. I am so very thankful for the generosity of our friends, their time, conversation, fun, and all we got to share with them, too. I am so very proud of what both my friends accomplished at Leadville and what Paul and my friends accomplished at Transrockies. I am also so very proud of what Paul accomplished at Alcatraz, 48 hours after the end of Transrockies. He is THAT incredible.

I can't wait to see what is to come this fall!
















5 comments:

Olga said...

Looks like a full summer indeed.

Unknown said...

Wow, Meredith--there is so much joy in your pictures! Loved your entry. Congrats on all the accomplishments and on living life to the fullest.

meredith said...

Thanks Leah! Every moment of this trip was an illustration of just how happy Paul and I are! I am glad it shows, and thanks for noticing :)

I am truly fortunate!

Sophie Speidel said...

Love you smile and your obvious joy! Can't wait to meet Paul in November and hear all about this summer from the source :-)!!

brownie said...

No pics of the fruitarian?