The bags are packed, the plan is set, and the prayers are never-ending.
Here is the dream:
- training hard
- staying healthy
- staying positive, as often as possible
- spending my last few days of taper getting positive vibes from those closest to me
- envisioning that run around the track at Placer High School on Sunday!!
In my dreams, I couldn't have asked for more in my days of taper...
- ran with friends (Friday runs have been the BEST, and Karen thanks for having my same schedule and enduring whichever route I pick!!)
- Daisy had her first post-surgery long run...my last trail run before the race. She ran 7 miles effortlessly and healthy!!
- ran with Daisy, her boyfriends, and one of my closest friend's Luisa!!
- surprised my dad and took a trip home for Father's Day... and got to spend time with my 93-yr-old grandfather. He is enough to inspire me to the finish-line!
- went to see Catherine, her new house, and her super adorable son....he was seriously entertaining
- had my favorite meals at my favorite restaurants in both Houston and Austin
- took a road-trip with Paul to Houston and enjoyed having him spend time riding with friends
and as if that wasn't enough...
- have shared the most wonderful email conversations with friends that have only been so supportive to me during this journey.
- and have received the most incredible inspiring notes from friends...I have them all packed!!
Having such a rich and FULL week of joy, love, friendship, health, and fulfillment will just make Saturday/Sunday that much more powerful. I will share my journey with each of the people who make my life richer everyday. To everyone who goes out of their way to be a positive light in my life: you will run with me; you will send me power; you will feel what I feel; and you will be part of my dream.
Off I go...to dream!
So, in all of the irony of the power of my wonderful husband...on 6/23/06 he have me a card that sits on my desk that reads:
If you can DREAM it, You can do it!
He wrote inside:
"You've Dreamed it. Now Go and Do It!!"
As I was finishing this post, I looked over and saw the card...amazing!