Monday, October 1, 2007

Clutz, again.

Friday I ran 30 miles. My schedule was pretty tight so I had to get it done at a pretty quick clip. It was fine, and a great run.

By Friday evening, though, I was exhausted. I couldn't believe that I had agreed to get up to meet someone for a run at 5:30 the next morning. After an early dinner, I was in bed by 8:30.

At 5:30 the next morning, I had planned to meet one of my Tough Cookies for the first part of her run. She is training for Sacramento Marathon and had done all of her longer mileage on her own. The group would be running 8, so if we got in at least 8 she wouldn't have much to do on her own. Again, the day before 30 miles no incident, BUT not 1 mile into my run with her down I went. Blood was dripping down my leg and I was flithy. I recognized then and there that running extreme out of my pace comfort is hazardous to me...when I drag my feet I am destined to go down. I need to find a safer way to run with my running group.

So now, less than one inch from where my knees were healing I am all scratched up again.

Saturday afternoon we went to Kileen to celebrate my sister-in-laws twins' first birthday. They were very cute eating their big pieces of cake...cake was flung all over and Daisy enjoyed taking on clean-up.

Today, October 1, and it's going to be over 90 degrees outside...hopefully a few more weeks of this great weather!!
mer

1 comment:

LK said...

Ok, Mer. It looks like it's my turn to take one, or two, for the team! The last time I broke my silence on this subject with you, I took two falls the proceeding weekend, both within 15 minutes of each other. The last falls I took were the weekend after WS at the all nighter at Ink's. I'll see what I can muster this weekend for you! ;)