Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Overwhelmed


I am completely overwhelmed:
- and thankful for all the thoughts and prayers I have received.
- by all the information that I have received.
- by my wonderful vet and her phone call on a Saturday while I was out of town.
- by my neighbors and their generosity to always care for Daisy and Flyer as though they were their own.

On Saturday I got the news that I didn't really want, but kind of knew was coming. Daisy has bone cancer on her leg. My vet said that she had never seen the cancer on the ulna, so she did some research for me. There is a surgery that they remove the tumor and the bone, and spare the limb. She didn't know the success, so she referred me to an oncologist and an oncologist surgeon.

This morning I saw the oncologist. Tomorrow is the surgeon. After that it is time for a decision. Again, I am overwhelmed. I wish Daisy could tell me what she wanted. I wish I could take some of her pain away. I wish we could go for a run...
mer

5 comments:

Susan Kokesh said...

Hi Meredith--I've not met you, but God bless you with your struggle with your pet and the cancer. I live in Ptld OR, and I am a friend of your fellow "Austin-ite" Vic Wilcox....he referred me to your blog after I ended up in WS100 for 2008. Vic thought I might be interested in your ultra running. Needless to say WS100 2008 didn't happen for me, or for anyone. I am a fellow athlete, ultra runner and also a Christian. Your ultra posts, your faith, and your other blog entries have really inspired me. I am now training for my 1st 100 miler at Ark. Traveller 100 Oct. 4th.

I really hope to meet you someday.

Kind regards,
Susan Kokesh
Lake Oswego, Oregon

ps my newly started blog is at susankokesh.blogspot.com

Ken said...

I am sad to hear the news about Daisy. Kate and I will continue to keep your family (people and non-people, though they don't know their not people) in our prayers.

Unknown said...

glad I saw you guys today. thanks for letting me indulge myself with a daisy sighting...although it is always a pleasure to see you too!
good thoughts my friend.
cathy bridge

meredith said...

Susan - wow! Thank you so much for your kind words! I actually have heard all about you from Vic, so I feel like I know you :)

Ken and Cathy - thank you so much for all of your support!!
m

Shorey said...

Oh Meredith, I'm so sorry that you're having this difficulty. I have recently had something similar happen in my life, and while it's so challenging and overwhelming, it's so important to remember how much she knows you love her. Please take care.